Inann

Friday, June 30, 2006

square, rectangle and arrangement


This is my new wallpaper, I think it is quite similar with the Japanese style. I created this image with black and white because they are my favourite colours. moreover, I think these colours will make the image better. My main idea in this image is focusing on the arrangement and shape, especially square and rectangle. I broke the original image into pieces and then I arranged them in a new background. I also used some layer masks to make the image more natural. In the end, I had the final image

2 Comments:

  • I really enjoy your experiments in alignment and spacing. I also like the way you have made all your edges soft and unspecific.

    I'm interested to know why you perceive it as having a Japanese quality to it - I'm not suggesting you are wrong or that it doesn't - I'm just interested it what about it gives you that sense?

    By Blogger Madeleine Morris, at 8:24 PM  

  • I think that in the classic Japanese painting, the artists usually use black ink and white paper to express their paintings. Some of the paintings are quite simple and they all represent the bamboos. Therefore, when I finished this image, I thought that it was similar to the Japanese style.

    By Blogger Inann, at 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home