Inann

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Within Temptation


This is a wallpaper of one of my favourite band "Within Temptation". I was very excited when I saw this image at the first time. It makes me feel freedom, like a bird has just been released from a big cage. It also makes me feel that I am becoming purity, just like the black feather changes to white. I have a lot of feelings about this image, and I think its design is very cool. It has white, blue, black and some light effect in the words and the feathers too.
http://www.within-temptation.be/images/angels_cover_gr.jpg




In contrast with the image above, this image is like lights in the dark. Although it is not a huge, it's strong enough to bright the whole space. Once again, the design is very cool especially the light and drop water effects.

2 Comments:

  • Taking all the elements of composition and design into account, I'd very much like to see you compare and contrast these album covers, using professional language instead of the fact that you have "feelings" about it.

    Coherence?
    Dominance and Subordination?
    Size,
    Weight?
    Whitespace (negative space)
    Rythmn?

    At some point, when you are a designer, you have to use design language to explain your like or dislike of a piece of design. Because EVERYONE AND THEIR DOG has "feelings" for pieces of design. YOU are going to have to learn how to see the pieces critically and analytically.

    Otherwise, it just sounds wishy-washy.

    MM

    By Blogger Madeleine Morris, at 9:51 PM  

  • it is nice colection, but is poor explaination ^^

    By Blogger S-Blue, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home